We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
OUR COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
If you have a complaint, write to us with the details.
What will happen next?
1. We will send to you a letter of acknowledgement within five working days of us receiving the written complaint.
2. We will start the investigation process which will normally involve the following:
Your complaint will be passed to the Managing Partner, Mr William Stisted, who is also our Client Care Partner, within five working days of us receiving your written complaint. He will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint. He will then examine their reply and if necessary, he may also speak with them.
3. Mr Stisted or the member of staff who acted for you will send to you a detailed reply to your complaint. This may include suggestions for resolving the matter. It is anticipated that this process will be dealt with within twenty working days of the acknowledgement. Some complaints may take longer to process but we will keep you informed of this, reasons for the delay and revised timescales.
4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- Another Partner of the firm will review Mr Stisted’s decision within ten working days.
- We will invite you to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
5. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman within 12 months from when you became aware of a problem or within 6 months of receiving a final response from us. For more information, see their website http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/, telephone 0300 555 0333 or email them at email@example.com.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.